||[Dec. 3rd, 2007|03:20 am]
** Holy shit **|
Where, oh where is this club, and how the fuck can I get to it. Spain? UK? Maybe. The US? Probably not. Searching more on the interwebs would help locate it, but it's 3:30 AM, and I am h0rked (anton, corona, and a 6'r of Anchor Steam-- I was at the beer store, Scavenger Type (NOFX) was stuck in my head. So, an "Anchor Steam pint" was on tap for the evening).
Well, it appears buho beat me to this post, which I have been brainstorming for the past few days. The question: What are the top 5 trance tracks of 2007? It's hard for me to even go back to the beginning of the year and recall some of the lesser known songs. Guess if it's not remembered, then it's not worth being on the top 5.
Fragma - Toca Me (Inpetto 2008 remix)
- Don't think it should be in the top 5, but DAMN did that bring back memories. Someone should make a vocal mix..
Marcus Schössow - Mr White
- Just a fun track
John O Callagan feat. Audrey Gallagher - Big Sky (Agnelli & Nelson remix)
- One of those tracks that makes you want to be in a club with 1 million watts making you deaf.
Armin Van Buuren vs. Rank 1 feat Kush - This World is Watching Me (Cosmic Gate Remix)
- This, for some reason, has been stuck in my head for the past week.
Before I post my top 5, one of the tracks below will be the TOP one of this year. It is a really close call on this...
Filo & Peri feat Eric Lumiere - The Anthem (Original Mix)
- Great to rock out to, best heard at a club. If anything, this track brings back old memories. Not because it's been out for a while, the song is actually very new to the trance world. However the lyrics bring many people, most in the prime of their life, back to a comfortable memory. It's hard to listen to this track, and not bring back memories of the prime and happiest time of anyone's life. That being said, this is in the top 2 of my suggestions for the best tracks of 2007.
Dash Berlin - Till the Sky falls down (Dub mix) (Armada)
- It's truly amazing how a track with no vocals, and just synth sounds can be so pleasing to listen to. This track was a hit from the first time it came out at the end of the summer, and HAS to be in the top 5, if not the top track of 07. Listening to this song sums up the summer of 2007. Even, dare I say, the Vocal Mix, which is pretty fucking good.
- Trance has been rapidly progressing away from the stereotypical "techno" noise for the past few years, and this track is one of the turning points of the trace progression. The soft synth sound of this track foreshadows the great music we should expect for the years to come. It also serves as a summary of the best releases in the past 365 days.
I really need to think about my top 5.. gimme a day or two..